Equal Opportunity Policy:
SMART SWIM’S EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES POLICY:
1. Smart Swim has an Equal Opportunities Policy and will not discriminate on the grounds of sex, race, colour, nationality, national or ethnic origin, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, political or religious belief.
2. Smart Swim believes that all employees, swimmers and parents/carers have the right to be treated with dignity and respect and Smart Swim will not condone or permit harassment or discrimination.
3. Smart Swim is committed to Equal Opportunities by taking positive action to:
* Comply with the requirements of equalities legislation currently in force and monitoring for any future revisions.
* Promote practices and procedures that give Equal Opportunities to everybody who wish to achieve one of our awards or be one of our employees.
*Consider the needs of all potential students when developing qualifications to minimise any later need to make reasonable adjustments for candidates with particular requirements.
* Develop assessment methodologies that are based on award requirements and aim to avoid unnecessary barriers to achievement.
* Guarantee fair assessment for all students, including those with particular assessment requirements.
* Monitor all publications and material produced by Smart Swim and Swimming Teachers Association Awards Body to ensure that they are free from bias.
* Promote the principles of diversity and accessibility.
* Monitor and review our policy on a regular basis, taking into account all changes to current legislation.
4. The Equal Opportunities Policy will be implemented by:
* Promoting the policy on the Smart Swim website and making it readily available to anyone who requires it.
* Inclusion in regular CPD activities for employees.
* Evaluating the effectiveness of our policy through statistical analysis of student’s results and monitoring our complaints procedure.